Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Evangelistic Encounters: Introduction

It is my usual practice on Saturdays to go with my friend Brian Shank into the neighborhood around our church (Kosmosdale Baptist Church) to talk to people about the church and (much more importantly) about the Lord Jesus Christ. Until now, I have not mentioned this on the blog for the same reason I don't write about myself much at all- I am concerned that in being too self-referential, especially in connection with the spiritual disciplines, I may become foolishly puffed up with pride. Praying about this, however, I've decided that the following benefits are compelling reasons to write about what Brian and I are doing each week:

  1. By recording our attempts to proclaim the Gospel others may be encouraged to be more faithful in witnessing.
  2. These accounts may help to keep me accountable in providing a witness to the lost.
  3. These accounts may facilitate conversation, leading to greater wisdom in how we proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.
  4. These accounts may help to dispell the erroneous notion that theological education stifles evangelism.
  5. In reading these accounts, additional prayers may be offered up on behalf of those Brian and I speak with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home