Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Baby Announcement

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
(Psalm 127:3 NIV)
My wife, Abby, wrote this email yesterday and sent it to some friends and family members:

> After a couple of months of medical problems & not
> feeling well, we finally
> figured out the cause of it all today. Pregnancy
> test had been negative & my
> doctor was thinking I had an ovarian cyst. I went
> for the ultrasound of the
> cyst today, but there was a baby instead! As of
> tomorrow, I am indeed 12
> weeks pregnant. Strange to be that far along without
> figuring it out sooner!

The story is pretty funny. Abby had gone to a medical clinic in mid-January and as part of her examination, they did a pregnancy test which had come up negative. Shortly afterward Abby had went to the doctor and after that visit started feeling ill regularly- greater sensitivity to motion sickness, and so on. Well, the doctor had examined Abby for pregnancy and had drawn blood-work, testing hormone levels, etc., but the doctor had not indicated pregnancy as a possibility, so even though Abby's symptoms sounded like morning sickness and other indications of pregnancy, we figured the medical clinic and the doctor knew best. Rather than pregnancy, the doctor suspected an ovarian cyst and ordered an ultrasound to examine this possibility. Abby went to get the ultrasound, and as soon as that examination started, the technician asked Abby, "You're sure you're not pregnant?" Abby said, "Yes, I'm sure." The technician said, "Well, how would you feel about being pregnant?" Abby said, "That would be fine." To which the technician replied, "Would you like to see your baby?"

Abby brought home pictures of the baby from the ultrasound. I can clearly see the head and an outstretched arm with individual fingers. Because of the wait due to the faulty pregnancy tests, we only knew Abby was pregnant yesterday, and today the baby is 12 weeks old!

We are very excited about this blessing, and we also realize (as much as we can at this time) the great responsibility having a child entails. Please pray for continued health for Abby and the baby. Pray that God would grant me wisdom in providing for my family, and pray that we would have wisdom to be consistent in training our child to trust in Christ and live for Him.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Danger Chris said...

I had to read this about 4 times to make sure I was seeing it correctly. Each time I got more excited. Congratulations! Expect a phone call. What a blessing.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Ake said...

Congratulations and God's blessings on you both. Children are indeed a gift from the Lord!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Take 2 said...

Congratulations!! I found your blog through my hubby's blog. Blessings to you both as you experience the amazing gift of a child.

Isn't it cool how God gives us such great surprises and gifts. What a blessing!!!

Dana

2:00 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Andrew,

Congratulations to you and your bride! What a wonderful surprise and gift from God! Surely the Father is able to grant you wisdom that you ask for and we will ask on your behalf as well.

11:06 PM  
Blogger leslie said...

Andrew and Abby! Congratulations! I am so excited for you two(and a half)! You guys are in my prayers! Can't wait to meet baby Lindsey!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

congrats!

What an exciting time it must be for you both.

An Australian band, Sons of Korah who sing from the Psalms, sing a song relevant to this occasion.

Psalm 127

Verses 1-2 speak about the irony and the futility of labouring without God and likewise upon those who seek protection in their own strength. Verses 3-5 are a celebration of children. Certainly verses 1-2 carry quite a different message to verses 3-5 but the theme is basically consistent if we take ‘house’ in verse 1 to be a metaphor for household or family. God is the one who must build a person’s family and he must be the one who keeps the family secure.

Again Congrats!

MDM

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I don't know if you are aware of our recent move to Denver...but here I sit on my bed on Easter morning..because the snow is falling so heavily (and we don't have 4-wheel drive!)that we cannot make it to church.... so I thought I would read thru my friend's blogs....and what do I see? ABBY IS WITH CHILD!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you and pray God's richest blessings on your family! Please keep me updated with photos and news!
I love you both~
Ann (nathan's mom)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Andrew,
Wow, what a story!!!! How very exciting....having a baby is just the BEST thing ever :)
Have Abby call me sometime and I can help ya'll out with preparations, research, etc. You know me :)
OH....when is she due???
Tiff

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home