Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Philosophy of Christian Education

[I've had to type this out a few times, and thought I'd share it here.]

Each follower of the Lord Jesus Christ has been commanded, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matt 22:27 NKJV), and each follower of the Lord Jesus Christ has been commissioned, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you” (Matt 28:19-20 NKJV). Christian students should seek to honor God as they receive education appropriate to their vocation. As a Christian educator, it is my goal— as I lead my students to accomplish the objectives in whatever class I teach­— to help “make disciples” of the Lord Jesus Christ by assisting men and women to love the Lord God with all of their minds, while also turning my students’ attention to matters concerning proper Christian desires and affections.

Each follower of the Lord Jesus Christ has been commanded to “be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Rom 12:2b NKJV). This transformation comes about first and foremost by means of the Scripture: “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Tim 3:16-17 NKJV). As a Christian educator, it is my goal to help students see life through the lens of the inerrant, infallible written word of God. Any subject that I teach will, therefore, be related to Scripture. Some subjects that I may teach (such as Theology), will be directly derived from Scripture, whereas in other subjects I may teach (such as English) I will strive to guide my students to evaluate the subject-matter according to biblical principles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home