Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

T4G: Seeing Timmy Brister and Trevin Wax; Meeting Carl Trueman and Dan Phillips

One benefit to attending the Together for the Gospel Conference (rather than just listening to the audio over the Web) is getting to interact with people in person who you usually only encounter over the Internet.

Last night I got to spend a little time at dinner with my old friend Timmy Brister and with Trevin Wax (Trevin and I graduated at the same time from SBTS: I met him in the graduation line).

This evening I got to shake hands with Carl Trueman and speak with him briefly: telling him how much I appreciated his recent review of The Unintended Reformation by Brad Gregory. I also got to meet Dan Phillips, who graciously autographed my copy of God's Wisdom in ProverbsI gave Dan a copy of my friend Mitch Chase's book The Gospel is for Christians; Dan looked interested, so perhaps the book will one day be mentioned on the Pyromaniacs blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home