Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Evangelistic Encounter: 1/30/08


Last night at work my co-worker Mark [mentioned before HERE] told me about a conversation that he had with a Mormon. The Mormon had asserted that Mormons are Christians and that Mormonism is similar to Roman Catholicism [Mark is Roman Catholic]. I talked with Mark about some of the differences between Mormonism and Christianity- such as Christianity affirming the biblical doctrine of the Trinity, while Mormons teach that God was once a Man and that we can become gods- and tried to think of a way to use this to share the gospel message. Finally, I told Mark that any organization calling itself a church must be focused on who Jesus is and what He has done- that our great love and commitment must be to Jesus and that by asserting that people can become gods, Mormonism is man-centered rather than Jesus-centered in their outlook. At about that point I had to switch trucks I was working in and I began to speak to John, who had overheard part of our conversation. I asked John the question, "Who is Jesus in your life?" [A form of one of the opening questions used in Bill Fay's Share Jesus Without Fear.] John replied, "I guess I'd say He is my hero." At about that time I had to switch trucks once again and I was working alone. Tonight after work I am going to Steak and Shake with Mark and John. Hopefully another Southern Seminary student we've been working with will be able to go with us as well. Please pray that the Lord would allow the opportunity for Christ-centered conversation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home