Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Friday, May 03, 2024

Caffeine a Drug?

In lectures on Advanced Biblical Counseling at the Master's Seminary, speaking about drug and alcohol addiction, Dr. John D. Street was asked about caffeine addiction. He responded with the following, which I think is insightful and properly challenging:

When I have to have it in order to function normally, then it becomes an issue. 'I HAVE TO have it.' We may not steal, cheat, or murder in order to get our caffeine, but if I have to have it (otherwise I'm going to be irritable, I'm going to bite your head off, I'm going to have headaches all day long, and I'm not going to interact well with people), now I'm resorting to sinful responses to people without that chemical. Then that particular chemical has a control in my body and in my thinking–a mastery in my body and in my thinking–that it shouldn't have.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home