Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Saturday, November 10, 2007

How I found out that my friend Chris West is the coolest person I've ever met.


While reading some old blog posts from my friend Chris West (I've been too busy to do much blog reading lately), I discovered that Chuck Norris has endorsed Mike Huckabee for President.

In his post on that subject, Chris casually mentioned that as a child he had been an extra in the Norris film Invasion U.S.A. and that he has a picture of himself sitting in Chuck Norris' lap.

"Well," I thought, "Chris is a dirty liar." (Actually, I seriously thought that Chris was just kidding.)

Then I discovered from the IMDb page that Invasion U.S.A. was filmed in Atlanta, GA (near where Chris lives) in 1985.

So, I figured I should get to the bottom of this.

As I type this post, I am on the phone with Chris. (Chris does not know I'm blogging right now.)

Q: "Chris, is it true that you were an extra in Invasion U.S.A. and that you even have a picture of yourself sitting in Chuck Norris' lap."
A: "Oh, absolutely," etc. etc. etc.
My reply: "Well... then I guess you're not a dirty liar."

There you have it folks, as a child Chris West was bounced on the knee of the man who once killed four birds with half a stone, the man who is the second leading cause of death in the United States, the man who is single-handedly responsible for the fall of the Soviet Union.

This means that Chris West, the author of the unsanitarily named blog "Absolutely Spoo," the [former(?)] drummer for the death-metal/elevator music fusion band "Micah," is actually the coolest person I've ever personally met.

Go figure. < / backhanded complement >

Seriously, though-
Happy late birthday, Chris! And congratulations again on your engagement to Jennie!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Danger Chris said...

A) I've got to find that picture now.

B) That may be the best description of myself I've ever heard.

C) I have an engagement picture up.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home