Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Second Anniversary

Yesterday was the second anniversary of my marriage to the love of my life, Abby. The Lord blessed Abby and I with an incredible day celebrating this event. Though Abby was supposed to work at the hospital on the Lord's Day, she was called and told she did not have to come in because there were so few patients needing care. This was a great blessing because if she had been made to work her normal twelve-hour shift, she would have been too tired to fully enjoy our time together.

Sunday night, we stayed at the Galt House, the nicest hotel I know of in Louisville. Our room was on the 22nd floor, with an incredible view overlooking the Ohio River:
For lunch yesterday, we ate in the trolley at the Old Spaghetti Factory. In the following photo, I am standing outside the trolley, taking a picture of Abby, who is sitting at our table:
After lunch, we went to the Louisville Zoo, where we saw many amazing animals. In the following picture, you see a gorilla that seemed as interested to see people as we were to see him:
Finally, after spending a little while resting at Borders, we took a dinner cruise on the Ohio River aboard the Belle of Louisville steamboat. In the following picture, Abby is on the dock, with the steamboat behind her:
I am so very grateful to God, praising him for my marriage to Abby, who is such a constant delight. God has truly blessed me so much more than I deserve- even contrary to what my sins deserve. I ask that all my brothers and sisters in Christ who are reading this post would keep Abby, Christian, and me in your prayers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home