Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm moving to Louisville, KY to begin classes at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary on August 7th.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

May God guide you as you go brother.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

Congrats on the admittance.

Enjoy sinking your teeth into the word with others of like mind at the seminary.

What are you planning on studying?How long, three, four years?

MDM

5:39 PM  
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

MDM,

I'm planning on getting my Master's of Divinity, taking the "Biblical and Theological Studies" track and 3 or 4 years sounds about right for how long it will take.

-Andrew

4:56 PM  
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

Tim,

As always, thanks for the encouragement.

-Andrew

4:57 PM  
Blogger Nathan White said...

Andrew,

I will pray for you bro. Given all the battles going on in the SBC right now, you might need it :)

I might, however, join you up there next summer and attend Boyce college. That is, unless, the Lord directs me to the Masters for my undergrad instead.

SDG

11:59 AM  
Blogger RBA Founder Xavier Pickett said...

Congrats...I don't suppose I could convince you to come to Westminster Theological Seminary in Philly? :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger GUNNY said...

Nice try, x.p., but no dice.

P.S. I had a couple of your WTS-Philly folks in my church on Sunday and then we shipped 'em back before classes started back up again.

Enjoy your time at SBTS, Andrew. I'm sure it will be a huge blessing for. Take advantage of the professors there and really try to get mentored. The profs and conversations with the other students are what really make such an endeavor great.

Anyone can give you a reading list, but it's that interaction as theology is humbly examined and shaped that is most exciting.

Soli Deo gloria,
Gunny

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home