Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Micah - "To My Friends"



Every once in a while
things in my head begin to stir.
My memories awaken, and one falls,
and finds its way into my heart again.

There's this one of my friends,
wrapped completely into one,
years of their lives visible to no one.
I had a hand to give,
but instead I held it in.

I have chosen to go another way.
Maybe we will meet again some day.
I hope that all is well,
'cause there's so much that I want to say
to you.

So quickly forgotten, yet so long learned.
But a place in my heart, they all have earned.
Off the old road, we each have turned.
And to my friends,
I wish the best to you.

I have chosen to go another way.
Maybe we will meet again some day.
I hope that all is well,
'cause there's so much that I want to say...

To my friends who are hurting,
to my friends still around,
if I could make a wish for each of you,
I would:

  • a home for Mike
  • and peace for Gordon
  • a girl for Leo
  • and friends for Ryan
  • a father for Josh
  • and Pez for Tim
  • parents for Fernando, and for those just like him.

And for those just like him:

I think Jesus is a better friend
than anyone could have ever been,
'cause people let you down,
and I have let you down.

I have let you down.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home