Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wedding Anniversary


[Today, Abby and I have been married for eight years. The blogpost that follows contains pictures and thoughts originally that I originally posted six days after our wedding.]
Here is a portion of an email from my sister in Christ, Kari Matteson, who attended my and Abby's wedding ceremony last Saturday. This email is in reference to Kari's happiness in catching Abby's bouquet at the reception:

It was a special honor because this time it was actually the one the bride carried in the ceremony...and a double honor because she is a true servant of God, serious about ministry and spreading the gospel. I mean, her vows to her husband (my classmate Andrew) were 25 verses of MEMORIZED scripture - Proverbs 31:10-33 and Ruth 1:16-17. His vows to her were passages equally as impressive in length. They also demonstrated their pledge to serve one another by washing each other's feet...aaaahhhh! How utterly Godly and romantic! I was truly blessed to witness their union and take my catching the boquet as encouragement from God that He's preparing an astounding romance for me that will include an equally Godly ceremony and marriage.

Abby and I have earnestly prayed that our marriage will be a blessing to others, starting with our wedding ceremony, and I post this portion of Kari's email as a praise to God that He has begun to answer our prayers.

I ask for continued prayer for everyone that attended the ceremony who does not yet know the love of God through forgiveness of sins in Christ Jesus, that the Good News of Jesus Christ as proclaimed at our wedding ceremony would be effective to bring them all to faith in Christ alone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home