Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Righteous Thoughts

My tongue will speak of Your righteousness and of Your praises all day long. (Psalm 35:28 NIV 1984)

Usually when I wake up, my mind is immediately filled with the tasks of the day. This morning as I woke, my mind was immediately transfixed on the words of Christ from Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled:" the implications of this verse for my own life, my witness, and the life of the Church. I did not plan to meditate on this passage this morning: it was a special blessing from the Lord, which arrested my heart, for which I give him glory.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home