Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Significant Books Read This Past Year

Recently, I was required to answer the following question:

Name three books (either personal or professional) you have read in the last year and explain why they were important to you.

The following was my answer:

 The Prodigal God by Tim Keller. We were required to read this book for Dorothy Sayers Classical School. Direct application was made from this book as to how we deal with students; the application was based on how the Father in the parable of the “prodigal son” treated his two sons. We were encouraged to seek redemption for students who are “prodigal” AND for students who tend toward legalism.

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. I re-reread this book in order to teach from it at Dorothy Sayers Classical School. I was surprised how much of it I had forgotten, and what a great help it is to my daily spiritual walk.

Enlightened Democracy: The Case for the Electoral College by Tara Ross.  I was not required to read this book, but I chose to read it in preparation for teaching Political Science at Daymar College. The clear, logical thinking that Ross demonstrated in this work greatly impressed me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home