Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Friday, January 06, 2012

Books Received from My Christmas Wish List


I am genuinely grateful for every single gift I received this Christmas. I was blessed with clothes, gift cards, candy, etc. But since I placed some books on a “Wish List” before Christmas, I wanted to place a post on this blog mentioning the books I received.

From my wonderful Mother-in-law I received G.K. Beale’s New Testament Biblical Theology and James White’s Forgotten Trinity.

From my beloved sister Allison I received Dan Phillips’ God’s Wisdom in Proverbs and Bruce Ware’s Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

It was interesting to compare the two books on the Trinity: White’s work focuses on the basics of Trinitarian doctrine in distinction from errors such as the modern Arianism taught by the Jehovah’s Witnesses (White gives a great exposition, for example, of some passages in John); Ware’s work seems to have the complementarian/egalitarian debate in view, demonstrating that there are eternal roles of authority and submission within the essentially co-equal Persons of the Trinity (Ware gives special attention to passages such as 1 Cor 15:24-28 [interested readers may wish to check that passage; I do not have the book in front of me as I type this]).

At present, I am particularly excited about Phillips' work on Proverbs because we at Kosmosdale Baptist Church have been studying through Proverbs as part of our Wednesday night prayer meeting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DJP said...

That's terrific, Andrew. I'd love to hear how the book is of help to you and your fellowship!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home