Sermon Notes from 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8. Sermon by Tray Earnhart.
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8.
A. When we meet challenges, do we rise to them?
B. Often, inward challenges are greater than outward challenges.
II. The Inward Challenge
A. "Please God"
1. This is impossible outside of Christ.
2. We should grow in pleasing God.
1. Sanctification is mentioned here, particularly in the area of "sexual immorality."
2. Sanctification from sexual immorality points to the need for:
3. Sanctification, unlike justification, is a process.
4. Sanctification is necessarily tied to justification.
C. The ability to please God and growth in sanctification are given by the Holy Spirit.