Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A Good Greek Help

This past weekend at the closing Borders on Hurstbourne here in Louisville, all merchandise was 50-70% off list price. On Saturday I figured I'd buy a novel or music CD (which I almost never do), but the store was already picked over to the extent that there was virtually nothing interesting left in the store.

EXCEPT:


Dr. Pennington, who recorded the CDs pictured above, was my professor for Greek Exegesis of Matthew. I bought the CDs at a little under half price and I've been listening to them; I think that they would be very helpful to anyone who has taken (at least) an introductory course on biblical Greek. (They would be pretty much useless to anyone who has not already taken Greek, because you really need to be able to visualize the words as you're hearing them.)

I wish there had been more half price copies at Borders, so I get my Louisville friends in on this deal, but the CDs are definitely worth the price on Amazon, found HERE.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wim Kuit said...

Great sense of humour!! But what has Rob Bell touched/uncovered in the film makers that has inspired them to take the time and effort to make this? What zit has Rob Bell's questions touched on for them to respond to the conversation about faith, hell, Christ etc.?

Also..

What were the emotions that filled their hearts as they went through this creative process? Did they feel more powerful?... more right?... more safe?... Or was it compassion, mercy, love and peace that grew from the soil of their creative toil? Something tells me it was more of the former... still a funny production!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

I think you meant this comment to be for yesterday's post.

Re: "What were the emotions that filled their hearts as they went through this creative process?"

-Probably the same emotions felt by the Prophet Elijah as he mocked the priests of Baal (1 Kings 18:27) or the Apostle Paul as he ironically criticized the Judaizers (Gal 5:12).

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home