Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Biggest Loser

As Abby was watching Biggest Loser earlier this week (while I was eating chocolate cake: that show always makes me hungry), I heard the person voted off the show say the following:
I never felt accepted in a group until I became invested with all of you in this journey.
I told Abby, "That's really profoundly sad." To which she replied, "Yeah, especially because that guy is a pastor."

I have absolutely no interest in verbally berating the former contestant mentioned above, and I have no idea what kind of church he serves, but I sincerely pray that both he and his congregation come to a better biblical view of what the Church should be. Jesus said that His followers would be known by their love for one another (John 13:34-35), and so no member of our churches should be able to say, "I never felt accepted in a group."

This is a challenge to us all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home