Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pre-Evangelistic Encounter: 2/13/09


Last night while at work, one of my co-workers asked me about what kind of music I liked. My first response was ,"SKA!" This was interesting to my co-worker [again, I refer to him only as "my co-worker" in case he would be embarrassed to see his name here] as he has a brother who is the only other person he knows that listens to SKA. I asked him what kind of music he liked, and he said that he likes all kinds of music except rap. I asked him why he didn't like rap, and he said that he finds all the focus on sex and money in rap to be degrading.

Now, I consider this co-worker a friend, and so I have been looking for a good opportunity to speak to him about the good news of who Jesus is and what He has done. One of the difficulties in talking to people about this good news is that we must also talk to them about the bad news of sin- a concept to which most people don't give much thought. Thinking about this for a couple of minutes as we worked, I realized that what my co-worker said about why he didn't like rap should provide a great opportunity to talk about sin and then about the salvation from sin that is in Jesus.

Finally, I spoke, pointing out that it seems like most people are focused on sex and money- that these are considered to be the most important things in life, as seen by what is played on the radio and what is shown on TV. My co-worker agreed, pointing out some examples of rock songs that focused on sex. I asked him what he thought was the most important thing in life, and he replied, "family."

As I was about to continue the conversation, my boss called me to another work area, and I did not get to converse with my co-worker again for the rest of the night. I ask that any Christian reading this post would pray for my co-worker, that he would come to see Christ as of supreme importance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home