Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Translation of Romans 3:21-26. "God: The Just and Justifier"

[Completed for my Greek exegesis class this semester.]

21 But now God’s righteousness has been manifested apart from law, though attested to by the Law and the Prophets– 22 even God’s righteousness through faith from Jesus Christ unto all believers– for there is no distinction. 23 For all sinned and are lacking the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God presented as a propitiation through faith in his blood, as evidence of his righteousness due to the passing over of the previous sins 26 in the forebearance of God, to the evidence of his righteousness in the present time, so that he is just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

[I have received almost no response to these translations I have been posting on my blog, and I realize that the main reason is that I have failed to indicate my purpose for posting these translations. It is my hope that you who are students of Greek will turn to the Greek text and see if you have questions concerning the way I have translated certain words or phrases. Through your questions or statements, we may gain a better understanding of the Greek text. For readers that are not studying Greek, I hope that you will look to various translations and feel free to ask about any differences in my translation. Through your thoughtful interaction, I may hopefully improve in my ability to render the original text in an understandable manner.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home