Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

follower of Christ, husband of Abby, father of Christian, Georgia Grace, and Rory Faith, deacon at Kosmosdale Baptist Church, tutor with Scholé Christian Tradition and Scholé Academy

Monday, July 21, 2008

UPS Pre-Sort Prayer Meeting


Last Friday at 4:30 PM, an hour before our shift started, my friend Trent and I met at MacDonald's next to pray. This next Friday we plan to meet again, this time with my friend Matt as well. (Trent also plans to invite a couple of his friends from work.) The idea is to pray especially in regards to our evangelism- that we would have greater wisdom and boldness in telling our co-workers about who Jesus is and what He has done, lifting up specific co-workers in prayer.

I ask that Christians reading this post would remember us in prayer.

I close this post with the following statements I read from The Valley of Vision this morning, which relate to the reason we are meeting to pray:

Merciful Lord, pardon all my sins... of unfaithfulness to the souls of men, of want of bold decision in the cause of Christ, of deficiency in outspoken zeal for his glory... Good Lord, hear; and hearing, forgive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home