Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:

Follower of Christ, husband of Abby, member of Kosmosdale Baptist Church, and tutor/staff member at Sayers Classical Academy.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Four Commands Concerning the Holy Spirit

Recently in the blogosphere, there has been some controversy over sanctification, centering on how the moral commands found in Scripture relate to the life of faith. I believe that one key to rightly understanding matters of sanctification may be found through a study of the New Testament commands concerning the Holy Spirit. As far as I know, there are four commands given to believers concerning our relationship to the Holy Spirit of God:

  • Walk by the Spirit (Gal 5:16, 25);
  • Be Filled By the Spirit (Eph 5:18);
  • Do Not Quench the Spirit (1 Thess 5:19);
  • Do Not Grieve the Holy Spirit of God (Eph 4:30).

[If I have overlooked any direct commands concerning the Holy Spirit, I ask readers to please let me know.]

In a series of blogposts over the next few days, I hope to look carefully at each of these commands.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home