Call To Die

Then [Jesus] said to them all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. (Luke 9:23-24, HCSB)

My Photo
Name:

Follower of Christ, husband of Abby, member of Kosmosdale Baptist Church, and tutor/staff member at Sayers Classical Academy.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I did not mean to promote a bizarre Italian DJ on my blog.

When Abby and I lived in Auburn, AL [War Eagle!], we had a friend at Grace Heritage Church named Jeff Hendrix. Jeff was [and, hopefully, is] a musician who often played guitar for the church and who I had the opportunity to hear play in a couple of other venues around Auburn as well. Jeff had a page on MySpace where people could listen to a few of his songs, and so I was happy to link him in the sidebar of this blog.

After Abby and I moved to Louisville to attend Southern Seminary, I was not able to view Jeff's page any more because the web filters at the Seminary would not allow MySpace. I was able to chat with Jeff a couple of times over GMail and to ask him (among other things) if his page was still up, though I figured if he took it down, it would simply create a broken link on my blog.

Recently I discovered that Southern is allowing MySpace to be viewed at the Seminary (hopefully, this means that the site is better censored now), so I was eager to check Jeff's page, especially as I have not spoken or chatted with him for awhile. The page was not there, however, nor was the link broken. Instead, the link was re-directed to another "Jeffrey Hendrix" on MySpace. This other Jeffrey Hendrix is an Italian DJ who uses the image below as his identifying icon:Somewhat frightened by this picture, I didn't explore this Italian DJ's page too much further.

It occurred to me, however, that I have no idea how long it has been since this link was changed. If anyone reading this blog was directed to this other page and was thereafter offended by anything on it, I sincerely apologize. I'm taking the link off now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I actually did take my site down a number of months ago for various reasons. I'll have to admit, I like my stuff better.

-Jeff

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home